Rules for the exam of Digital Systems M M
- Only those who registered in AlmaEsami for a specific session can be examined.The candidates MUST have a valid identification document
- Students must have a PC with Linux or Windows. Obviously students can share the same PC. Students must install Xilinx design software (webpack option) which can be downloaded at address http://www3.deis.unibo.it/Staff/FullProf/GNeri/ftproot/Xilinx/
- A two points bonus is awarded to those making the exam within a solar year after the end of the course with a positive result and at the first attempt. The laude is not included in the bonus .
- Exam registrations will be closed one week before the date of the exam.
- No student can attend the exam if he is late
- Check always regularly in AlmaEsami date and time of the exams which could be changed
- Answers to questions via e-mail are possible ONLY if the questions are clear (that is it is clear to the student what is unclear to him!) and for a single argument each time.
- Students MUST read regularly the e-mail which is the only mean to contact them
- Before registering for
the exam students MUST complete two logical designs using Xilinx system (one
synchronous and the other asynchronous - both schematic and VHDL). A
PowerPoint presentation for both projects must be prepared by the students. The
designs and the presentations must be inserted in a Dropbox whose address will be provided by the
lecturer. The projects must be proposed to the lecturer which will approve
them and then check them during the exam.
Read carefully the entire text.
2) Schematics and the corresponding VHDL version must pass without problems the behavioural and post-route simulations which must be detailed enough to cover all possible cases.
3) The simulation must with colours which must remain when the simulation is run again
4) The project must be described in detail in a PowerPoint (not PDF !) file.
5) Insert at least one week before the exam the full project (compiled and simulated plus PP) in a dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/) directory and send me a notification e-mail. The address of the directory will be sent to you. Before inserting it in the dropbox make a project cleanup and recompile it directly in the Dropbox directory. Before sending the project ready recompile and simulate it again in a different PC so as to be sure that my check (under Windows) will run smoothly. Check failure will have a strong negative impact on the exam.
WARNING: if you use OpenOffice PP the conversion into Microsoft PP can have format problems. Check it.
WARNING; do not use too long filenames otherwise the copy to a different directory can cause errors
a) Networks must in minimum form
b) The project must inserted in the Dropbox directory NOT ZIPPED
WARNING: a project with viruses causes exam failure: double check with an updated antivirus.
All the previous rules are mandatory and the compliance is total responsibility of the student.
THE ENTIRE THEORY IS INTEGRAL PART OF THE EXAM AS THE WRITTEN EXAM AND THE PROJECT.
Come to the oral with a PC with the project. A detailed investigation will be performed as to check that the student has designed the project on his own.